Sunday, June 6, 2010

The first Oil Change

Ok This bike runs great, but I had a suspicion that the oil had not been changed for a very long time. The former owner stated he had not driven it for 3 years. So the bike was long over due. The lower nut came off with a little persuasion. the oil was very black and dirty. My husband, Bruce, swears by Harley Davidson oil. We used 20-50w due to the heat in florida. The handbook recommends 20-40w, but I was advised that is not available. I put in approximately 2.3 pints of oil the level came up to the 2nd notch which according to the handbook is notch c. The picture in the handbook it really bad and ambiguous, so if anyone knows exactly where the fill line is on the dipstick, please advise. Is it the 2nd hash mark up from the bottom?

1 comment:

  1. Just want to say thanks to your blogging 10 years ago i was able to perform an oil change on my 305 Dream from 1964 today (4/14/2020) AMAZING. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete