Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My new "old" Honda Dream 305

This past Memorial Day weekend I was able to pick up my latest purchase- a 1965 Honda Dream 305. For the past year I have been drooling over every Honda Dream that I have seen. The Honda Dream from the 60's brings back many memories from my youth. I think it was every teenager's "dream" to own this bike.

My sweet husband, Bruce, has been searching Ebay and Craig's list for the perfect Dream. A few weeks ago he found it. It was in Northern NY near Potsdam. I paid $800.00.

I have a fantastic brother, Mike, who lives in Watertown, NY, just about 80 miles from the Potsdam area. He went and checked it out for me, bought it, and brought it back to his house, ultimately arranging for a friend to trailer the bike to Florida where I took possesion last saturday.

This bike runs like a "dream". I have to admit it is pretty rough looking, but it is complete, except for the rotted out tank emblems. It is going to be a fun bike to restore.

As I stated, it runs perfect. I have been riding it up and down the street several times. I am hoping to get it tagged by the end of the week so I can venture out a little futher around town.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, what a great price! Make sure to keep us informed on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this beauty! Keep posting about the experience!

    ReplyDelete