Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cleaning the Oil Filter

Time to clean the oil filter. I don't think it has been cleaned in a very long time. The owner's manual says to unscrew the cover and remove the shaft. See the instructions below.


Ok. I am unscrewing the cover




MMMMM... I took out the oil cleaner with the shaft, but guess what. It is all connected to a sprocket with a chain that the manual does not address. Sorry that this picture is blurry and that I was not able to capture the picture of the chain as it lay on the floor. I found out that the sprocket and chain spin the filter to clean it.



I cleaned everything with petrol as suggested.



Here is the oil filter all back together. I had to enlist the help of my son, Casey.
He had to carefully but the chain back on the sprocket




Next, the neutral light. It doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment